October Photo Contest
Hit us with your best shots!
Win Gift Certificates toward your next vacation to any Clearly Cayman Dive Resort by entering your best photos each month. Beginning in October 2019, we will have up to three (3) winners of each monthly contest with each winning photographer receiving a $200 gift certificate:
- Crowd Favorite – Selected strictly by social voting. The photo with the highest number of legitimate votes wins. Voters may cast one vote per 24-hour period.
- Staff Pick – Selected by Clearly Cayman staff as the image telling us the best visual “story” that evokes emotions (smile, laugh, etc.)
- Best Photo – Selected by Clearly Cayman staff who are skilled underwater photographers as the “best photo of the month.” Wins automatic entry into Best Photo of the Year.
A team of great underwater photographers, will choose the year’s best photo for each resort. That winner receives a 7-night vacation for two at their choice of our resorts. Prize includes accommodations, meals, diving, drinks, and more.
Entries and voting begin each month at 12:00 noon Eastern time on the first day of that month.
Here is a quick overview:
- Limit one (1) entry per week, per photographer. Maximum $500 prizes per photographer per calendar year inclusive of all resorts. Limit of $500 in certificates may be applied to a single 7-night dive reservation package. Photographer may continue entering toward winning the Best of Year prize trip for 2, but votes will not be counted.
- Underwater and above-water submissions will be accepted and judged in a single contest.
- High-resolution photos without any overlaid text or watermarks are preferred. We reserve the right to use any submitted photos for marketing or promotions, but will give the photographer creative credit if it is used. JPG format is preferred.
- If photos include easily identifiable people who are NOT our resort staff, you must have their permission to enter.
- To be eligible, photos must have been taken within the past nine (9) months at or around the resort in whose contest it is entered. And photos may only be entered one time. If you are staying at our resort on Little Cayman or Cayman Brac and dive the opposite island, any photos you take should be entered in the contest of the island nearest the dive sites.
- Photos showing any touching of marine life will be disqualified. Not only is this against rules of our contest, but it is against the laws as set forth by the Cayman Islands Department of Environment (DOE). The one exception is of photos taken in Stingray City off Grand Cayman. Such photos must show divers treating the animals gently and with respect in accordance with DOE rules.
- Entries will only be accepted through this contest portal. If you have difficulties, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Check out past month’s entries and winners on our Facebook page.